Youth Empowerment Project
We meet the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 3:30-5 pm at ESD 112 Conference Center. Optional new member orientation is every month from 2:30-3:30 pm before each meeting.
We’re building community in Southwest Washington, empowering youth to lead healthy lives. We see youth and adults as equal partners. We motivate and inspire young people to pursue goals and dreams. We help overcome obstacles and build resilience. YEP members live out our story and keep our community strong.
Media & advocacy skill building
Share health research
Have tough conversations
We are guided by the following beliefs, core assumptions and principles. These adapt and change along with our members and are developed by youth volunteers.
Check in with one another each meeting.
Always consider where we can go from here.
Discuss how we feel and what we think, early and often.
Assume we all have good intentions.
Express our care for one another and share our appreciations out loud.
Seek new ideas, perspectives and listen with intent.
Meet people where they are. Be flexible and adapt to each individual.
Seek safety, offer warmth and welcome all.
Offer helpful ideas, feedback and seek fresh perspective.
- Meets the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 3:30-5pm at ESD112 Conference Center. 2500 NE 65th Ave. Vancouver, WA.
- Optional new member orientation is from 2:30-3:30 pm before each meeting.
- Connect youth with positive and supportive adult role models.
- Light snacks and refreshments provided.
- This is a voluntary/unpaid opportunity but service hours are tracked.
- No leadership/prevention experience or drug/alcohol education necessary.
- Contact staff (infobelow) for accommodations.
Contact our coordinator, Christopher Belisle for more information and to get connected with our team. Email email@example.com or call 360-952-3587. Visit www.preventcoalition.org for information on our parent organization.